Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why I can't stand Verizon.

A few years back they convinced me to get FIOS. I got it for the faster internet speed but they conviced me that it was a good thing to upgrade my phone system to fios as well. Ok, so they forgot to tell me that the old copper wire system would still work in a power outage but that fios would not. But hey, Fios comes with a cool battery powered back-up system that will run your phones for about eight hours after the lights go out so I did not sweat it too much. But nooooooooo.....Now after two years the battery has died and the dang box in the basement beeps all the time to let me know that I need a new battery. I called the nice folks at Verizon. (20 minute wait) and the guy there told me that I am responsible for replacing the battery and it only comes with a one year warranty. You mean to say that this battery back up which has only come into use one or two times (and was of no use when the power went out for a week) now has to be replaced on my dime. And get this! The battery cost a cool 100 bucks if you order it from Verizon! ( You can go to Radio Shack and get one for much less). The big queston for me is am I going to have to replace this thing every other year? I am sure that this stuff is all in the agreement that I signed. You know the terms of service agreement that comes with everything you buy these days. I am sure most of you read these things but I somehow neglected to do so. Right now, I am thinking that there is somebody in the marketing department at Verizon who needs to come get my dead battery and shove it up his........... Oh, never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment