Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Cowboy Junkies at Rams Head



I know this is supposed to be sort of a real estate blog but it "is" my blog and there should be some room for me to ramble about other subjects. So here I go again. Last night we went up to the Ram's Head Tavern in Annapolis to see one of my favorite bands "The Cowboy Junkies." TCB is from Canada (I won't hold that against them) and it is the first time that I have seen them live. I was pretty excited about the prospect. I just don't know why this under-loved band has not gotten a better following over the years. Their music has always been very highly regarded in musical circles. Anyway, I suppose that in this case it worked to my benefit as the Ram's Head only holds about 200 patrons and Elizabeth and I were only about 20 feet away from the action.

I have to admit that I really do not go to clubs much these days. Typically the food is average at best and small intimate clubs usually mean small uncomfortable chairs in very tight quarters. The Ram's Head did not disappoint us in this case and I found myself having to get up once in a while to give my aching back a break. However, the pain was worth it as clubs are where you have to go if you really want a up close and personal experience with the artists and the Junkies gave a warm and friendly show. The experience is so much richer than you would get if you saw them at a concert hall.

Comfort aside, I would certainly recommend the Ram's Head for a musical evening out. Best to make reservations to dine there early as the tavern fare is much better than the "nacho" level crud that the serve during the performances. I am sort of surprised that I have never been there before. If you are not familiar with The Cowboy Junkies them I highly recommend you check them out on You Tube or Spotify. You won't regret it.


Check them out here

No comments:

Post a Comment