Thursday, October 24, 2013

It's all happening at the Zoo

We did the Zoo thing today with my great niece. It was a lovely fall day for a visit and we saw lots of wonderful things. We really do have one of the best zoos in the world right here in Washington, DC and it just keeps getting better. Today the place was decorated up for the zoo's annual Boo at the Zoo Halloween celebration. There are some amazing skeleton displays there. Somebody has a great sense of humor and had a good time setting them up. I highly recommend that you make it a point to get down to the zoo this week. Check the schedule though as times have changed due to the Halloween events. And remember that the Boo at the zoo requires you to pay admission.


Am I the only one in Washington unaware of the incredible new carousel that was built right in front of the big cat exhibit? Apparently, the Speedwell Conservation Carousel  opened last November and I have to admit that it is one of the most lovely carousels that I have ever seen. Admission to the zoo is free to all visitors (quite a deal these days) but a ride on the carousel will cost you three dollars. And, it is worth it as you "must" see the unique animals on the carousel up close. They are finely crafted and unique from most other carousel rides. I am telling you, go to the zoo. You can thank me later....

No comments:

Post a Comment