Saturday, October 26, 2013

The Royal Mile Pub in Wheaton, MD




I love Scottish food (insert beer here) and music. So why have I never been to the Royal Mile Pub in Wheaton MD. We paid a vist last night on the invitation of my brother who was playing with a local band there. The pub, a Wheaton fixture for 30 years, closed down in late 2011 due to financial trouble but reopened with a new owner in January of 2012. I am glad they did and we are glad that we finally discovered the place. The food is Scottish traditional fare-solid and soulful. We split a great fruit salad with walnuts and goat cheese and then dove into their famous Scottish beef stew. It was kind of funny because my wife's stew was full of beef and my bowl did not have one single piece of beef in it! But somehow I did not mind. The stew was so darn good that I would not have cared. However, my willing wife sent some of here ample beef cubes my way and I just let the matter pass. I had a Belhaven Scottish Ale which was smooth as silk and served only slightly chilled which is the way it should be.

I highly recommend that you give the Royal Mile Pub a look. It is located on Price Ave., near the new Safeway in Wheaton. Take my word for it,  downtown Wheaton MD is destined to be the next real estate hot spot in Montgomery County. With it's own metro station and it walkable core of fine inexpensive restaurants it would not be a bad place to look for a home. If you want to see some of the homes for sale near the Wheaton Metro then click in this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment